martes, 4 de septiembre de 2012

HDRI & first half footage ready

So I went yesterday with Ben and David to City Hall, the most futuristic - looking place in London that Google could suggest. They (Ben & David) were really helpful on HDRI tech support and carrying the stuff around, which  is highly, highly appreciated! (I am small and weak and with no physical condition to be wandering around London packed like a small little mule without collapsing, you'd have to shoot me dead eventually). So I suggest you to give them some extra marks on their respective projects, you know,  for the niceness factor :)

Here are the results:



Basically, what happened was taking 6 photos of the same ball using bracketting (however you spell it) at different exposures, then blending them together in Photoshop using the "File > Automate > Merge to HDR" approach. Since my main computer is busy rendering and this one is not that powerful, each image took quite a while to be composed. Then I used a filter to unwrap it, under Filter > Distort > Polar coordinates, choosing "polar to rectangular". This was under my own knowledge of Photoshop corners & mere logic, and not a proper proven method, which by the way is yet to be tested so it might be wrong. If that turns out to be the case, I will come back later and state it. 

Video footage is still in original HD resolution, and the computer with the kickass video editing software has spent 8 hours rendering a 4 seconds scene in Maya and is still on that, so I can't touch it, even less open After Effects to create a smaller, internet-friendly video for you to watch, so you will have to use your imagination and / or trust my word :)  More on render soon. 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario